Ships Direct from Manufacturer
- The FuelTech FTSPARK is an extremely high energy Capacitive Discharge Ignition (CDI) system designed to meet the highest spark requirements for racing.
- FTSPARK Manual
The FuelTech FTSPARK is an extremely high energy Capacitive Discharge Ignition (CDI) system designed to meet the highest spark requirements for racing. Developed for high horsepower combinations and tested proven on 5,000+ horsepower engines!
It is compatible with any ECU on the market! It's able to generate a spark with up to 600mJ (mJ=mili Joules) of energy and is capable of firing the spark with 125 Amps of current in the coil primary. With these features, FTSPARK generates a spark with approximately 5 times more energy and 10 times more current compared to a SparkPRO ensuring a burn in any condition, especially in extremely rich air fuel ratios.
- Compatible with piston and rotary engines
- Programmable power between 400mJ and 600mJ through CAN or analog input for energy level adjustment
- Coil primary current up to 250amps (depends on coil)
- CAN communication with FuelTech Power FT ECU line for equipment diagnostics and datalogger channel recording
- Anodized aluminum housing
- Automotive connector with gold-plated terminals
- Serial bus (1 wire) allows to use only one output from the ECU to trigger all FTSPARK ignition outputs
This only works with FuelTech ECUs - FT450 and above.
- 430v to coil primary voltage, which helps prevent system interference
- Size: 4.92 x 6.0 x 1.9 in., Weight: 32.8 oz
- Maximum operating time with minimum power 400mJ: limited by the maximum operating temperature
- Maximum operating time with maximum power 600mJ: 20 seconds
- Voltage supply required for full power: 14-19V. Minimum engine start voltage 8V
- Maximum operating frequency: 670 Hz
Maximum Current Consumption:
FTSPARK-1 (1 coil): 20A / 30A / 40A to 4,6,8 cylinders @ 10000rpm
FTSPARK-4 (4 coils): 20A @ 10000RPM
FTSPARK-6 (6 coils): 30A @ 10000RPM
FTSPARK-8 (8 coils): 40A @ 10000RPM
MAPxRPM table to adjust energy level of the FTSPARK with a FuelTech Power FT ECU:
- Each output has an individual monitoring channel for the discharging time on the coil, which allows to diagnose malfunctions on the coils, channels or harness. The discharge time of the capacitor is not related to spark time, a long discharge might indicate problems on the coil or harness and connector.
- Shows the effective power received by the FTSPARK.
Supply voltage drop:
- Shows the difference of the voltage supply between the FTSPARK and the ECU. In case this value is too high, there might be a problem on the power harness of the FTSPARK.
Capacitor voltage 1 and 2:
- FTSPARK has two capacitors banks that are charged and discharged alternately on the outputs, allowing for high engine rotations and operation on ROTARY engines, the first bank of capacitors fires the outputs A-C-E-G and the second bank fires the outputs B-D-F-H.
Capacitor charge time 1 and 2:
- The monitoring of the charging time allows the diagnostic of a possible internal problem on the FTSPARK, power deficiency or RPM limit settings where the required charging time cannot be respected.
Contents of Packaging
- 1 FTSPARK-8
- 1 operation and installation guide
- 1 mounting kit (4 rubber mounts, 8 washers and 8 ¼” nuts)
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.